Dressing Rooms and Arrival Times
There are attendants at most of the arenas and dressing room doors are not generally locked so you should not leave valuables in the dressing rooms. This is especially true of mobile phones, tablets, watches and jewellery.
U11, U13, U15, U18 Dressing Room Policy
We are committed to creating an environment in our dressing rooms that allows teams to bond but also respects the privacy of our players as they prepare for their practices and games. This policy is mandatory at the U11, U13, U15, and U18 divisions.
- Dressing rooms are generally available 30 to 45 minutes prior to games, try-outs, and practices.
- Parents are not permitted in the dressing room. Mothers, female guardians or female siblings 18 years of age or older may assist in the dressing room in a supervisory role as long as they are accompanied by at least one female rostered bench staff (coach, manager, trainer). Fathers, male guardians, and male siblings are not allowed to enter the dressing rooms for any reason prior to practices and games.
- Players who need assistance dressing should come to the arena dressed or exit the dressing room to have their skates tied if necessary.
- On game days, players, coaches, managers, and trainers may enter the room to drop their equipment and then join their team for pre-game warm-ups.
- Rostered male coaches, managers, and trainers may enter for a short period of time (5 or 10 minutes) prior to and/or after a game for line-ups, chalk-talk or discussion. Care must be taken to ensure all players are dressed prior to entering the dressing room by asking a woman in attendance to give the all-clear.
- The “2-Deep” rule must be observed at all times by all adults, i.e. no adult (male or female) should ever be alone in the dressing room with the players.
Players should arrive in plenty of time to get ready. If a player arrives late and cannot be dressed 10 minutes prior to the game, the coach may ask the player to dress in the washroom or otherwise wait until they have spoken to the team prior to the game.
If your player is new to hockey or otherwise needs help dressing you may wish to bring them to the arena dressed in their hockey equipment (except for skates which they put on at the arena). Players who are ready early will be asked to come out of the dressing rooms to have their skates tied if required.
Updated September 2021