House League Key Dates 2016-17 Season
The start of September means that hockey season is just around the corner!
Coaches will be given their rosters in early September, and families should expect to be contacted by their daughter’s coach by Sunday 11 September.
The 2016–17 season gets underway on Thursday 15 September, with our first weekday FUNDAMENTALS session. Players in weekend FUNDAMENTALS, LEARN-TO-PLAY, TYKE, NOVICE, ATOM, PEEWEE, BANTAM, and MIDGET will all take to the ice for practices and/or games the weekend of 17–18 September.
If you’ve signed up for biweekly Power Skating and Skills sessions, these begin on Wednesday 21 September for players in NOVICE and PEEWEE, and on Wednesday 28 September for players in ATOM and BANTAM.
Weekly Boot Camp sessions begin on Sunday 25 September for players in NOVICE, PEEWEE, and BANTAM, and on Wednesday 28 September for players in ATOM.
Volunteers should take note of the following key dates. There will be a mandatory pre-season meeting for all volunteers on Tuesday 13 September, 7:00–8:30pm, at Northlea United Church. We will also be holding two on-ice coaching clinics, led by Greer Harris, with tips for running your first practices. Both clinics will be held on Saturday 17 September at Leaside Arena. The first clinic, at 5:30pm, will be for new/inexperienced coaches. The second clinic, at 6:30pm, is for returning/experienced coaches. All volunteers are encouraged to attend one of the two sessions.
There are unfilled volunteer positions on some teams in some divisions. Parents interested in serving as coach, assistant, trainer, or manager on their daughter’s team should contact their division convenor.
Summary of Key Dates
- 11 September (Sunday) ~ Coaches contact families of players on their teams
- 13 September (Tuesday), 6:30–8:00pm, Northlea United Church ~ Mandatory volunteers’ meeting
- 15 September (Thu) ~ weekday FUNDAMENTALS begins 7:00–9:00pm, Leaside Arena ~ Equipment pickup for coaches in ATOM, PEEWEE, and MIDGET
- 16 September (Fri), 7:00–9:00pm, Leaside Arena ~ Equipment pickup for coaches in NOVICE and BANTAM
- 17–18 September ~ First weekend of the 2016–17 schedule
- 17 September (Saturday), 5:30–7:30pm, Leaside A ~ on-ice coaching clinic for volunteers
- 21 September (Wednesday), 5:30–6:30pm, Leaside A ~ 1st NOVICE Power Skating & Skills session
- 21 September (Wednesday), 8:10–9:10pm, Forest Hill ~ 1st PEEWEE Power Skating & Skills session
- 25 September (Sunday), 1:00–2:00pm, Leaside B ~ 1st NOVICE Boot Camp session
- 25 September (Sunday), 2:00–3:00pm, Leaside B ~ 1st PEEWEE Boot Camp session
- 25 September (Sunday), 2:30–3:30pm, Leaside B ~ 1st BANTAM Boot Camp session
- 28 September (Wednesday), 5:30–6:30pm, Leaside A ~ 1st ATOM Power Skating & Skills session
- 28 September (Wednesday), 6:30–7:30, Leaside A ~ 1st ATOM Boot Camp session
- 21 September (Wednesday), 8:10–9:10pm, Forest Hill ~ 1st BANTAM Power Skating & Skills session
- 12–13 November (Saturday–Sunday), all rinks ~ Picture Day!